Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Navaho Tacos


Navaho Tacos
1 recipe Chili (click here)
1 batch scone dough. ***see note
1 cup fresh chopped tomatoes (optional, but desired!)
Shredded Lettuce
Sour Cream for Garnish (or flavor, however you see it!)

***NOTE*** I just use the scone mix you buy at the store…it is much faster! You could also call the Grocery store and ask them to pull some bread dough out of the freezer and you would pick up later that evening. I do that ALL the time!

Fry small scones in hot oil. (it is best to follow the directions on the scone mix)

Top warm scones with your favorite chili recipe. Top the Chili with scones, lettuce, and tomatoes. I also like some avocados, but I am a lone woman when it comes to that!

Yummy suggestions:

I know many of you will freak out with this suggestion, but in my family we always put the honey on the scones, and then added our Chili. I know it sounds repulsive, but HONESTLY it is so good. The sweet from the honey, spice from the chili, and salt from the cheese is soo balanced and soo good together.

0 comments: